Billy Hair has a vision for Chatham County. His vision includes:
- Supporting the county and municipalities working together to improve the efficiency of citizen services.
- Holding quarterly meetings with the mayors and city managers of all municipalities.
- Reducing the cost of government by controlling revenue.
- Capping annual property tax assessments at no more than the inflation rate.
- Eliminating the indexing on the Stephens/Day Homestead Exemption.
- Creating a ballot referendum to let citizens decide whether to increase direct representation of all county citizens from two to four by changing the make-up of the current county structure from eight districts and chairman to six districts (two at-large representatives and one chairman).
- Having two at-large seats will provide better representation and service for all county residents.
- Being more responsible with all SPLOST (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax) Referendums in the future.
- Requiring all government entities to project five-year operating costs of all projects that are included in the referendums.
- Working with Georgia’s Legislature to permit SPLOST funds for maintenance and operations for any project included in the referendums. Otherwise, the citizens have to continuing paying for maintenance and operations.